John G. Hofland Ltd.
STORE MANAGER (Cash & Carry / Wholesale)
John G. Hofland Ltd. is an award winning, established, well respected, and growth oriented GTA based wholesaler of high quality fresh cut flowers, greens, plants, floral supplies and giftware. If you are skilled at shaping an outstanding customer experience while managing a retail outlet, we want to hear from you. John G. Hofland Ltd. offers an amazing company culture, comprehensive benefits and the opportunity for career growth.
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Director, the Store Manager – Cash & Carry is responsible for creating and maintaining an amazing customer experience in our Cash & Carry Store while managing the sales, inventory and staff of the store.
Key duties of the role:
• Drive sales and enhance the customer experience
• Manage the Cash & Carry Store inventory including understanding demand for products, as well as analyzing sales and inventory data to ensure appropriate stock levels
• Identify business opportunities by reviewing merchandise presentation, merchandise mix, and inventory levels
• Work with Marketing and Sales to maintain a strong understanding of our customer and their needs
• Manage the Cash & Carry Store team including recruiting, hiring, coaching as well as performance management which may at times require a "hands on" approach
• Work with HR to receive support with employee related matters and to ensure the Cash & Carry Store team receive customer service and other relevant training
• Manage staffing levels to ensure an amazing customer experience
• Create a positive environment that fosters open and continuous communication and information sharing among all staff and maintain a total store awareness
Key skills and qualifications you must possess:
• A minimum of five years of retail management experience, including the management of staff
• Experience in the giftware/home décor industry would be an asset but not required
• Preference will be given to candidates with related post-secondary education – business, marketing, merchandising and/or a combination of equivalent experience and training
• A solid track record of driving business and increasing sales
• Previous experience with implementing tracking metrics in a retail environment
• Experience with implementing strategic growth initiatives
• Superior planning, prioritizing, communication and customer service skills with the ability to execute tasks with knowledge and confidence
• Strong computer skills including MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook; knowledge of a POS system, and capable of learning a customized database
How to apply:
Go to http://hrfusioncareers.prevueaps.com/jobs/7802.html
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be processed as they are received.
Please note that this position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
We thank you for your expressed interest and wish to inform that only successful candidates will becontacted.